Monday 26 November 2012

Label love: Disaya

I am such a sucker for anything involving our furry friends, so cute and quirky label Disaya was always going to steal my heart a weeny bit.

I love popping in to see my PR pals who look after this label, not only as they are top girls who feed me chocolate, but each time I go in I find myself cooing over some new delicate, cute-as-a-button dress, or fairytale-inspired jewellery by Disaya. (Her AW12 collection had me hooked with merry-go-round horses, ant pinky rings and teddy bear necklaces - I tried to somehow get them into every shoot I did...) Unlike some designers where it seems like an afterthought, Disaya's jewellery totally complements her gorgeous clothing and could happily stand alone.

So who is Disaya? Disaya is Central St Martin's grad Disaya Sorakraikitikul (try saying that after a shandy) who has been creating her wonderfully whimsical designs internationally since 2007.  She has done well to find herself in Harvey Nichols, Harrods and Henri Bendels, and on some of the coolest celebs here and stateside, including Aggy and Kelly O.

Here is a sneak peak at some snaps I took of her SS13 jewellery collection which I adore. I basically spent about five minutes squealing over the hedgehogs feet (feet!! FEEEET! TOOOES!), oh and how can I forget the pearl-eared mice? So so so so damn cute!
 

 


Check out those tootsies!

And here are a few of her gorgeous ready-to-wear pieces for SS13...




1 comment:

  1. Mutual love for this label! Disaya is the summer tea party dream. http://bit.ly/VaEZOS

    ReplyDelete